Halloween always brings out my creative side and keeps my Muse working overtime, but if you’re having trouble getting started on this All Hallows’ Eve, I’ve got a list of writing prompts to help you get started.
- Your pumpkin starts talking to you after you carve it.
- Tell the story of Halloween from the candy’s perspective.
- You go to a Halloween Party where the punch is really a magic potion.
- As I walked up the jack-o’-lantern lit path, I saw…
- Tell a Halloween tale from the perspective of a jack-o’-lantern sitting on the porch.
- Create an advertisement to sell a haunted house.
- Create your own witch’s brew recipe.
- At midnight on Halloween, the same thing happens every year…
- Silver moonlight illuminates a familiar name on a tombstone…
- Your bedroom closet is a gateway to another dimension.
I hope these Halloween writing prompts help you scare up some spooky stories!
Happy Halloween, Ghoulies!
Michelle C. Hillstrom – Author
Leave a Reply