On Saturday my family and I will be attending the Boots & Buckles Benefit which is a fundraiser for a local organization called Refuge Services.
Refuge Services is a non-profit organization that was established in Lubbock in September of 1999. Refuge Services aims to enhance the functioning of individuals, families, and groups. This is achieved by providing opportunities to develop skills for solving problems, overcoming obstacles, and reaching individual as well as group goals. Refuge Services provides Hippotherapy, Therapeutic riding, and Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy.
I don’t currently use their services, but once I get a hold of some paperwork, I will be using their Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy Services. I’m a pretty big fan of horses, so I am excited to include this in my treatment plan for my PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression.
I’ve never attended an event like this before. I am excited about it, but also nervous (that anxiety rearing its head).
This upcoming event is the inspiration behind this week’s Write About It Wednesday topic: Fundraisers.
- Write about a super-villain crashing a fundraiser gala that a superhero is attending as his/her alter-ego.
- Write about a couple having a date night or falling in love at a benefit concert or dinner.
- Write about a fundraising event that you have attended.
- Write about a murder taking place at a fundraiser.
- Write about about kids working at a school fundraising event.
Learn more about Refuge Services here.
Don’t forget to hit the SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW button near the top of the page before you leave so you never miss a post. Also, follow me on Facebook and Instagram, and Twitter at @shelliewriter.
Until next time,
Write on, Writers!
Leave a Reply